Incident Management (IM) is the process responsible for restoring normal service operation as quickly as possible and to minimize the impact on business operations, thus ensuring that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained
The purpose is to ensure timely resolution of all Incidents, and to allow for rapid escalation, when required, with the proper communication to management. This escalation process is one of the driving principles behind the Incident Management process.
- Enhanced collaboration between support organizations and/or departments in order to provide consistent, standardized services that are in alignment to best practices
- Clearly identified services and accountability of all Incidents for the entire University recorded in the ITSM service tool
- Clearly defined service expectations across the enterprise
- Standardized processes and procedures for all incidents recorded in the ITSM service tool
- Centralized repository for historical record keeping, timelier identification of major incidents and problems, accurate trending of data and proper allocation of resources based on need